Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Je suis à Paris!

Arrived mid-afternoon, jet-lagged and wound up. It took about 24 hours from the time I left Bloomington Tuesday morning until I arrived at the Charles de Gaulle airport this afternoon (local time in both cases). The neighborhood where I'm staying is fantastic. In just a relatively short walk (five or six blocks one way) to get acquainted with the area, I counted about half a dozen wine shops, four or five chocolate shops, several markets full of fresh produce, and a Monoprix (one-stop shopping). Oh, and several bookstores. You can smell the cheese shops from outside as you walk by.

The apartment came with some food:


That's a nice bottle of Côtes du Rhône:



After the walk, I had bread, cheese, and wine. A little more wine and I'm going to finally get a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

Jean said...

The apartment came with food! That bread looks delicious!

Mary said...

It was! Untours does a very good job of making things feel like home only better.